Quick and Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
I’m totally into roasted things. Fruit, veggies, MARSHMALLOWS, the works. There is this roasted red pepper sauce that I LOVE. It could be a sauce, dip, and basically your best friend. It should be one of your staples fo’ sho. And I am sure it will be once you try this recipe out. One of my fave things to do with this roasted red pepper sauce is to put it over pasta, with lots of fresh basil and parmesan, or burrata even, or goat’s cheese, or truffle oil, well I can go on and on. This Quick and Easy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta is about to be one of the things, which, if you haven’t discovered yet, you’re going to be eternally thankful to me for. YOU ARE WELCOME 🙂
- 1 red bell peppers – Roasted
- 1/2 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes oil drained + reserved – Optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (omit if vegan)
- 1 cup pasta – dry or freshly cut
- 1 bunch fresh basil roughly chopped
- pepper + crushed red pepper to taste
- Good quality olive oil
- Paprika (Optional if you need extra heat)
- I like to roast the bell pepper directly on the flame. So place the bell pepper on the stovetop burner and roast on a medium flame and keep changing the side as you begin to see blisters. Alternatively, you can also roast these in the broiler.
- Add the roasted bell pepper (skin removed) to a blender with the garlic and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil and garlic – sauté for a minute or two until the garlic is fragrant but not browned. Mix in the blended sauce and let it cook for about 2 minutes.
3. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet. Sauté till the pasta is well laced with the sauce.
4. Adjust the seasoning to your taste, and serve immediately with any toppings you might like.