It’s nice and rainy here again so I have been trying to make a few new recipes that really get me going and that are something we can devour while enjoying the rain. Don’t get me wrong, I am still not done complaining about the weather – it’s raining and all and it’s only temporarily fun WHILE it rains. And then it’s muggy and sweaty and humid. I hate it. But anyway I still like the fun stuff I get to cook when it rains so all good in that department.
This recipe is actually something which I had seen online thanks to Ruchi Bharani. Really easy appetizer with simple ingredients which you can easily find, probably in your own kitchen. While the original recipes calls for veggies and paneer, my filling is different with potatoes, garlic, chilies and sweet corn. Honestly I love me some corn and cheese so I usually swap any other filling for this one is a lot of things I make.
Veggie Cheesy Discs
Serves 2 | Prep time : 20 min | Cook time : 20 min
- Sliced bread – 10-12
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet corn, boiled and drained
- 2 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-3 garlic cloves, pressed and finely chopped
- 1 cup processed cheese, grated
- In a pan, add butter, garlic, onion and sweet corn. Add some salt and pepper.
Mix mashed potatoes to this and make sure everything is brought well together.
For preparing the discs …cut white bread slices with a sharp edge cutter.
- Cut smaller rings out of the bread slices so that each bread slice can be used as a base with a ring on a top.
Finely spread soft butter on the bread slices , taking care of the edges so that the rings stick to the slice properly.
In the centre of the ring , add the corn and potato filling till the level of the bread . Grate cheese on it.
Place all the rings in a tray and before serving , place them in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 5 – 7 minutes, until the rings are golden brown in colour.